At Keystone Custom Homes, we have a great team that is dedicated to our home buyers. And where there is a great team, there is a great leader. Our founder and leader, Jeff Rutt, truly cares for the company and its customers.
To learn more about his background, we asked him a few questions:
1. What was your dream job growing up? I always wanted to be a veterinarian or dairy farmer.
2. Originally, you worked in the dairy farming industry. Was that a family operation passed down to you? Or how did you gain control of it? I literally “bought the farm” when I was 20 years old. Prior to that, I had been purchasing cows and farm equipment starting when I was 16.
3. Why the change from dairy farming to home building? I was looking for something with less hours and lower risk.
4. Why the change from Realtor to home builder? It was actually an evolution because as a realtor I was working closely with a couple small builders and had realized that there were a lot of land opportunities. I also enjoyed the interaction with the clients, putting the financing together and then seeing the final product achieve the dreams of our customers.
5. What’s the inspiration behind the name, Keystone Custom Homes? Pennsylvania is called the Keystone State, and we wanted something that would be as broad as possible and also spoke to the fact that we customize the homes that we build.
6. Is Keystone a family-operated company? Will your son eventually take over? Yes, Keystone Custom Homes is a family-operated company. Only time will tell if my son takes over.
7. What’s your greatest achievement and how has it shaped you? I am really proud of my children, their spouses and our grandkids.
8. What motivates you to succeed? Building dream homes for our clients and providing more opportunities to the families we serve around the world through HOPE International. The organization allows them to achieve their dreams, and that is what motivates me to succeed.
9. Do you think there is such a thing as becoming “too big”? Absolutely. I think an organization needs to balance their abilities to serve their customers with the capacity that they have when determining their size.
As you can see, Jeff Rutt is a true leader. He pursues his passions and only gives his best, and he keeps that same desire when building homes and taking care of our customers. At Keystone Custom Homes, our team can make the dream of home ownership a reality for you. Learn more at www.KeystoneCustomHome.com.