Looking for ways to spice up your porch and celebrate autumn this year? From pumpkins to wreaths, we’ve got you covered.
1. Pumpkins! Natural, colorful, and uniquely shaped, pumpkins on the porch say “fall.” Stack them in topiaries, paint them with faces to add a home-made touch or use metallic paint for a fashion twist. Group small ones together and line larger ones up stairs to make a welcoming entryway.
2. Mums in bright yellow, red, orange, and even dark purple add freshness to your outdoor décor. Use other leafy plants—cabbage, limelights, succulents, etc.—on their own or as a calming green accessory in the midst of warm fall colors. Tall, elegant urns are perfect fall planters and can be surrounded with gourds, low plants, or other produce to vary height and add interest.
3. Vintage metal lanterns and hanging paper lanterns add artistry to your porch during the day and warm, inviting light once the sun goes down. Don’t be afraid to get creative with your lighting and use lanterns as pure decoration with flowers, gourds, or painted acorns inside instead of a light bulb.
4. A well-worn wooden ladder can be repainted and set on your porch with astounding effect. Place pumpkins, lanterns, folded quilts, and DIY wicker or yarn balls loose or in baskets on the ladder steps. You’ll be shocked at how much it adds to your outdoor set up!
5. Don’t forget to change out your classic doormat and wreath for something a little more seasonal! If you don’t want the trouble of a different wreath for every season, buy or make a simple one and decorate it according to the season to complete the look of your porch.
For more tips and tricks or to find out more about communities, visit www.keystonecustomhome.com.