At Keystone Custom Homes, our goal is to provide only the best – gorgeous homes, great communities and sought after locations. With the leadership of our CEO Jeff Rutt, we have been able to do this.
Recently, we asked Jeff a few questions about our new communities and their locations:
1. Keystone is building in more than 44 communities. What goes into site selection for new communities? How do you decide? We look for opportunities where we can make a difference in providing homes for families of high-value in locations that are highly desirable.
2. Is it your intention to continue to grow and build further out than Central Pennsylvania and Northern Maryland? We are continuously looking for opportunities to provide opportunities where families can build their dream home in a location that is right for them.
3. Do the new communities have anything distinctive or different about them that you’re excited about? Every community has a unique attribute to it. It could be the fact that it is in the school district where buyers want their children to attend or the fact that there is a Wegmans close by or that they have a view of a golf course. Read the rest of this entry »
At Keystone Custom Homes, we have a great team that is dedicated to our home buyers. And where there is a great team, there is a great leader. Our founder and leader, Jeff Rutt, truly cares for the company and its customers.
To learn more about his background, we asked him a few questions:
1. What was your dream job growing up? I always wanted to be a veterinarian or dairy farmer.
2. Originally, you worked in the dairy farming industry. Was that a family operation passed down to you? Or how did you gain control of it? I literally “bought the farm” when I was 20 years old. Prior to that, I had been purchasing cows and farm equipment starting when I was 16.
3. Why the change from dairy farming to home building? I was looking for something with less hours and lower risk.
4. Why the change from Realtor to home builder? It was actually an evolution because as a realtor I was working closely with a couple small builders and had realized that there were a lot of land opportunities. I also enjoyed the interaction with the clients, putting the financing together and then seeing the final product achieve the dreams of our customers. Read the rest of this entry »
Keystone Custom Homes has always put a lot of thought behind constructing new communities. It is important to figure out where home buyers may want to live when choosing the locations. Many of our communities are in close proximity to shopping centers, restaurants and other entertainment. Keystone also likes to build communities near recreational areas such as parks and walking trails.
Read the rest of this entry »
We are excited to introduce Keystone Custom Homes’ highly anticipated Bridgewater community! Located in York County, the community of Bridgewater has beautiful golf course views and a clubhouse, housing the famous Bogey McCaws restaurant. Located in the Dallastown School District and only minutes from Rte. 83 with homes starting in the $260,000s, this is the perfect location for your new home!
Read the rest of this entry »
Keystone Custom Homes is excited to introduce its newest community, Mount Airy. Located in Shrewsbury, this community is secluded yet close to everything York County has to offer.
“Buyers should make Mount Airy their new home today!” explained Jeff Rutt, president of Keystone Custom Homes. “With just five opportunities, these homes will not last long.” Read the rest of this entry »
It’s finally spring time, which means… time for spring cleaning! Here are a few tips to make cleaning your York County new home from top to bottom even easier:
Since our Augusta Traditional floor plan is a popular choice, we will use it to walk through these cleaning tips. When walking through the entry way, the dining room is on the right, this is where we will begin. The focal point in this room is, of course, the dining room table. Start by deep-cleaning the wood table and chairs. If chairs have upholstery, spot clean where necessary. Odds are, there will be some stains that have accumulated from family dinners.
On the opposite side of the entry way, is the cozy study. In the study, the carpet is our main cleaning focus. We suggest moving the furniture and vacuuming those hard-to-reach places. Make sure to hit the edges and corners of the room with the vacuum nozzle to pick up those pieces of debris that are typically missed. Read the rest of this entry »
“A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” – Tenneva Jordan
Mother’s Day is different for each person. For some, Mother’s Day is a celebration of the wonderful mother they have. For others, it is a day where they are celebrated for being a wonderful mother. However, for everyone, it is a day to focus on moms and the huge impact they have had.
Apart from spending time together, what will mothers really love to receive? We have picked some of the cutest Mother’s Day gift ideas to share with you to make this year extra special.
1. Breakfast in Bed– It’s your turn to serve mom her breakfast for a change. Put your gourmet kitchen to good use by whipping up a delicious omelet on the electric stovetop, or get fancy by baking a quiche in the stainless steel oven. No matter what you make, it’s the thought that counts, and your mom is bound to enjoy the service.
2. Spa Day– Turn your Venetian owner’s bath into a luxurious spa. Turn off the lights and put lit candles on the double bowl vanity and around the soaker tub. Buy some bath bombs and face scrubs, and give your mother a relaxing at-home spa day. Read the rest of this entry »
Earth Day seeks to raise awareness of the constant need to protect the environment. There are many issues that need attention such as deforestation, shortages of potable water and widespread pollution. Efforts have to be taken to protect our planet’s resources and Earth Day is a great reminder of that.
At Keystone Custom Homes, we do our best to build homes with the environment in mind. We go to great lengths to create high performance homes that are energy efficient, eco-friendly, high quality and financially smart. Our goal is to save energy and buyers’ money, while helping to preserve and protect our natural resources for future generations.
We attain this goal through a variety of inventive ways. By installing insulated exterior doors, utility costs stay down and excessive cold and heat are kept out of your home. Keystone’s house wrap is an additional layer of protection that keeps the framed walls from both moisture and air infiltration. Our Low Emittance coating on windows reflects the heat while allowing natural light to pass through. This coating helps to reduce energy consumption and block harmful UV light from coming in. Your window treatments, flooring, and furniture will last longer as a result. Read the rest of this entry »
Keystone Custom Homes has new home sites available through many of our existing communities! There are new phases at Sweetbriar Creek, Carriage Park, Bishop Woods and Buckingham Preserve. Find the best home site for your new home in one of these perfect communities.
Sweetbriar Creek is found in a beautiful country setting, yet close to conveniences such as major health care facilities, great restaurants and the county’s largest shopping mall. Located in the heart of Historic Lancaster County, this community is only a short drive away from downtown Lancaster home to the Central Market and Fulton Opera House. Sweetbriar Creek offers carefree access to routes 30, 222, 283 and the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
Carriage Park provides a great location for your new home in South Londonderry Township, Palmyra. This community is close to both Lancaster and Dauphin Counties, and it is just minutes from Hershey attractions. Carriage Park also offers an easy commute without the crowds or city noise. Your children are able to attend schools in the Palmyra School District, or choose from an array of private and parochial schools nearby.
Bishop Woods is a lovely community in Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania. This community is convenient to major routes, and it is only a short drive to both Lancaster and Harrisburg. However, it provides both space and privacy with one acre wooded home sites. Located in the Elizabethtown Area School District, this community is close to downtown Elizabethtown, filled with fun things to do.
Buckingham Preserve is located minutes from route 422 in Douglassville, Pennsylvania. This community is only minutes from French Creek State Park, where you can enjoy hiking, fishing, boating and swimming. This Berks County community is part of the Daniel Boone School District and is only a 30 minute drive to King of Prussia.
Any of these Keystone communities would be great for your new home! Don’t wait any longer, claim one of these new home sites today, and start building your dream home. Visit our communities page for more available home sites in a community near you.
Now is the perfect time to buy a new Keystone Custom Home. The builder is offering three designer upgrades for free until the end of April, including a luxurious Venetian bath with ceramic tile floor, gourmet kitchen and beautiful Kennedy fireplace.
“These are just a few of our favorite upgrades,” said Jeff Rutt, president of Keystone Custom Homes. “Do not miss out on these special features for your new home!”
The luxurious Venetian bath package is a popular option for many reasons. It is complete with a walk-in shower, covered in beautiful tile and featuring a stylish glass window. Also included in this bath package is a soaking tub, ceramic tile flooring and double bowl vanity, which allows for more space. The elegance of this bath package will provide the perfect place to get ready in the morning or take a relaxing bath in the evening. Read the rest of this entry »