Whether you’re planning to sell your home now or later, you’ll want to start thinking of home improvements that are definitely worth their cost! We have compiled a list of the top 10 home upgrades to get you prepared for that big decision.
- Updated Kitchen: An updated kitchen is an important renovation. Update the kitchen with designs such as granite countertops, hardwood or high-end tile floors, premium appliances, islands and under mount sinks to really see return on investment.
- Hardwood Floors: These are a very popular trend in homes, especially on the first floor. If you already gave hardwood floors, consider having your floors lightly re-sanded and sealed. If your floors are in bad condition, consider replacing them as they will improve resale value.
- Quality Carpet: Premium broadloom carpet is especially popular if in top condition. Neutral, lightly textured weaves such as wool are also very popular.
- Upgraded Master Bath: An owner’s suite filled with a bath, shower with a rain shower head, double sinks and/or heated floors are definitely worth the upgrade.
- Radiator Covers: These may be considered a simple carpentry job, but will really improve your homes appearance and allow any future buyer to customize as they see fit.
- Finished Basement: This is the next big sell on a homeowner’s property. We even suggest digging down to increase ceiling height if it seems to be too low for normal living. If you can’t then just leveling the floor and installing good carpet can go a long ways.
- Landscaping: This is another important feature when looking to upgrade a home. An attractive garden filled with elegant plantings, hardscaping such as flagstone or bricks, and features such as urns and paths makes the home an amazing sell!
- Front Porch: The addition of a front porch or back deck can add significant value to your home.
- Add a Bedroom: A four bedroom house will sell much faster than a three bedroom house, so add a bedroom. Consider dividing a large bedroom into two smaller ones (but not too small), or convert an upstairs den or sitting room.
Upgrading your home with new and trendy layouts can increase the value of your home significantly. Follow these tips to make your house ready for the market so you can purchase a new home in Lancaster!